Our operating year recently came to an end - a time for compiling reports and crunching numbers. Here are seven things from the year that was, that you probably don't know:
- We received R53 000 from the United States of America President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. This was used to start the farming programme at Vleikop and is already providing food for our feeding programmes.
- A group of senior citizens called "The Flower Ladies" contributed R20 000 that was used to meet children's needs like school uniforms and food.
- Sponsors in America, over and above the general financial support they provided, directly and personally sponsored and supported 32 families in Randfontein.
- The Carryou Health Programme provided healthcare and, direct, hands-on assistance to 263 patients. In addition the programme distributed food parcels to those who were ill and in need.
- The Elandsvlei Orphaned and Vulnerable Children's Drop-in Centre provided meals and food assistance to 615 people. Children received a hot meal every day, from Monday to Friday. In addition, counselling services and school study-support was provided.
- The Toekomsrus Orphaned and Vulnerable Children's Drop-in Centre fed 495 children daily, from Monday to Friday. They were provided with a hot, cooked meal. 97 adults also received a daily, hot meal and 118 households were provided with regular food parcels.
- 9652 home visits and 3425 school visits were conducted by the Drop-in Centre, resulting in 2633 people being referred to Social Auxiliary Workers.