Thursday, August 7, 2014

Meet our People: Nandipha Mtambeke




 Nandipha Mtambeke (35) arrived at Carryou Ministry four years ago as an intern with the National Youth Service programme.
 "I started working under Mzi who encouraged and impressed upon me that, the only way to get ahead in life was to work hard and be passionate about what you do," says Nandipha.
 "I went on a Home Based Care Workers' Course and then worked in the field, taking care of patients for a year. Then I was moved into the office as a Home Based Care Co-ordinator, where my job was to collect, co-ordinate and report on data from the field.

Study further

 "But I realised I needed to do something more and was encouraged to study further."
 She signed up at Western College in Randfontein to study for a diploma in Marketing Management and has since successfully completed the theory component of the three-year course.
 "Now I need to do 18 months of practicals before I finally qualify," she says. "I have been able to do some practical work at Carryou Ministry but need to find an internship with a large corporate company.
 "I've sent out applications but so far have not found anything."
 When not working or studying, Nandipha spends most of her spare time with family and friends.
 "In the long-term I would like to do a degree in marketing management and then work for a large corporation," she says. "But right now I am focusing my efforts on finding an internship that'll allow me to complete my diploma."

No comments:

Post a Comment